D. Hunter Polvi
Hunter is a trial lawyer whose practice includes an array of complex commercial litigation matters, with an emphasis on securities fraud, partnership disputes, and accounting malpractice. Hunter also represents people and their families who have been seriously injured by the wrongful acts of others.
His background and experience have prepared him from all phases of litigation, from commencing the lawsuit to the appellate court briefing. He specializes in preparing cases for trial, including preparing and presenting witnesses for deposition, deposing fact and expert witnesses, and drafting and arguing dispositive motions. Hunter is a private pilot.
- Obtained favorable dismissal for business partners in medical device sales agreement dispute.
- Obtained favorable settlement in a push-pull buyout dispute that alleged breaches of fiduciary duties between co-owners of a Texas coffee company.
- Represented various clients in DTPA violations ranging from fraud and misrepresentations to breach of warranty.
- Representing clients in fraud, securities fraud, accounting malpractice and employment severance benefits matters.
- West Explosion Cases, McLennan County, Texas – Lead Associate in representation of clients in multi-defendant plant explosion case that resulted in 15 deaths, 160+ injured, and left 150 buildings damaged or destroyed.
Medical Implant Litigation:
- In Re: C. R. Bard, Inc. Pelvic System Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2187 – Represented clients in products liability matter regarding harmful medical implants.
- In Re: DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc., Pinnacle Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2244 – Represented clients in products liability matter; member of trial team that obtained a $502 million jury verdict for plaintiffs.
State Bar of Texas
State Bar of Illinois
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
Dallas Association of Young Lawyers – Judiciary Committee
Dallas Bar Association
Baylor University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, Valedictorian, member Baylor Law Review
University of Texas at Austin, B.B.A., summa cum laude, Valedictorian