E. Sawyer Neely
Sawyer Neely is a highly-respected Dallas trial lawyer. He represents individuals and businesses in state and federal courts and arbitrations throughout Texas in matters involving direct and derivative shareholder claims, breach of fiduciary duty, securities, trade secret and copyright battles, physician and business non-compete agreements, catastrophic personal injury, and various complex business disputes.
Sawyer also acts as local counsel for a number of out-of-state corporations and lawyers with Texas litigation, and he helps businesses to conduct independent internal investigations regarding, among other issues, workplace safety, sexual, gender, or racial discrimination and/or harassment, and environmental compliance.
Sawyer' s skill set is comprehensive, and he works tirelessly on behalf of his clients to solve their problems in the most efficient and strategic manner possible. More information about Sawyer can be found below.
Practice Areas: Business and Commercial Litigation, Adversary Proceedings in Bankruptcy Court, Securities, Internal Investigations, Catastrophic Personal Injury
- Recently obtained defense verdict for shipping container testing facility facing over $8 million in alleged DTPA, contract and negligence claims brought by manufacturer of shale sand container.
- Negotiated favorable settlement for corporation seeking indemnity from former owners of subsidiary as a result of government investigation of unauthorized workforce.
- Conducted an internal investigation on behalf of petroleum refiner facing allegations involving workplace safety, product quality, and environmental compliance.
- Obtained advantageous settlement for publicly traded corporation and its directors, officers and controlling shareholder in connection with challenge to convertible-securities exchange offer, after successfully narrowing the plaintiff’s claims through summary judgment.
- Represented corporation and its directors, officers and shareholders in securities and fiduciary duty litigation against bankruptcy trustee and senior lender over failed shale play, obtaining dismissal of a majority of the claims, and a judgment and settlement at a fraction of the alleged damages.
Honors And Awards
Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, by Thomson Reuters
D Magazine 2017 Best Lawyers in Dallas – Securities Litigation and Enforcement
State Bar of Texas
United States Supreme Court
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas
Texas State District Courts
American Bar Association
Dallas Bar Association
Judiciary Committee, Dallas Young Lawyers Association
Board of Directors, Friends of Lakewood
Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation
Georgetown University Law Center, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
Vanderbilt University, B.A.
Co-author of “Comparison of Delaware and Texas Fiduciary Duty Litigation,” State Bar of Texas, 3rd Annual Business Torts Institute 2011