Robert L. Sayles
Rob represents both plaintiffs and defendants in a wide variety of litigation matters, including business and commercial disputes, product liability matters, and personal injury and wrongful death claims. His legal track record includes work in breach of contract disputes, fraud claims, product defect cases and insurance defense matters. Rob is licensed to practice in all Texas state courts and the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas. A native Texan, Rob earned his undergraduate degree in finance at the University of Texas at Austin. He went on to earn his law degree at the Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, where he served as editor-in-chief of the Computer Law Review and Technology Journal.
- Negotiated a significant settlement on behalf of an individual who was injured in a motor vehicle collision.
- Obtained a significant settlement on behalf of a family in a wrongful death case tied to a motor vehicle collision.
- Won a no-liability defense verdict for a corporate client in a jury trial where the plaintiffs sought more than $8 million in actual damages based on claims for breach of contract, negligence and violations of the Deceptive Trade Practices Act.
- Participated with other firm lawyers to secure a large settlement in favor of a corporate client in a breach of contract dispute after obtaining a favorable summary judgment.
- Obtained a favorable settlement on behalf of a family in a wrongful death case tied to a motor vehicle collision.
Honors And Awards
Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, Thomson Reuters
D Magazine Best Lawyers 2017, Business / Commercial Litigation
D Magazine Best Lawyers Under 40 2018, Business / Commercial Litigation
Associate in the Patrick E. Higginbotham Inn of Court, 2010
Best Lawyers Best Lawyers in America, 2019
State Bar of Texas
U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas
Texas State District Courts
American Bar Association
Dallas Bar Association
Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D.
The University of Texas, B.B.A.